Rudy Molera is currently serving his fourth term as the District 2 Supervisor in Santa Cruz County. He is responsible for adhering to the by-laws as determined by the state legislature. Prior to his role as supervisor, Rudy worked at Nogales High School for 16 years as a counselor and coach (basketball, tennis, and golf). Additionally, he was Project Manager for Alleare, LLC Construction firm, where he facilitated the building of affordable housing for community residents.
Rudy graduated from Nogales High School in 1979. He earned his Associate of Arts Degree from Pima Community College, a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Arizona, a Masters of Counseling from the University of Phoenix, and an Administrative Certification from the University of Northern Arizona.
Rudy was born and raised in Nogales, Arizona, and has lived in Santa Cruz County all his life. His wife, Dr. Joan E. Molera, retired as Principal of Desert Shadows Middle School in the Nogales Unified School District. Their son, Jacob, attends Arizona State University.
Rudy has continually contributed to his community by developing youth in sports, clubs, and academics. These contributions impact generations in the community to which he is loyal. Since becoming District #2 Supervisor, Rudy has accomplished the following:
- Spearheaded the Chula Vista Flood Project
- Facilitated the Gorrion Court Flood Retention Project- (removing homes from flood plain)
- Spearheaded the Camino Caralampi/Paseo Venado and West Frontage Walking Trails
- Supported the Palo Parado Bridge Project
- Supported exemplary Covid vaccination efforts
- Provide annual support for Back to School Supplies (2 school districts)
- Successfully lobbied as a community team effort for the completion of the SR189 Overpass Project
- Served as the South Eastern Arizona Governments Association Chairman
- Elected President of the County Supervisor’s Association
- Elected by peers to represent County Supervisors' Associations as NACo state representative