Language Access

Arizona Superior Court in Santa Cruz County
Limited English Proficiency (LEP) and Language Disabilities

Section 602 of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. 2000d states that “No person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.” This law was established to ensure that persons who do not speak English as their primary language and who have a limited ability to read, speak, write or understand English, be afforded meaningful access to programs, services and/or activities and information provided by any entity receiving federal financial assistance. Similar protections for the deaf and hard of hearing are offered pursuant to Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. §§12131-12134, 28 C.F.R. Part 35, as amended.

The Arizona Superior Court in Santa Cruz County and all of its departments and divisions are committed to meaningful access to its programs, services, and activities for persons who are limited English proficient and language disabled. If you believe you are not provided meaningful access to any court or probation service and/or court activity, please know you may file a complaint with the court administrator. You may request a complaint form from the court administration office (located in suite 2300 of this building or by calling 520-375-7740). You may also obtain it below. Complaint forms are available in English and Spanish. If you require a complaint form in a different language, arrangements will be made for a sight translation to be done for you (at no cost to you).

All completed complaint forms may be dropped off at the court administration office (2160 N. Congress Drive, Suite 2300 in Nogales, Arizona). They can also be mailed to the aforementioned address (the zip code is 85621). Please note “attention court administrator” on your form or envelope to ensure proper delivery. You may also submit them electronically to the court administrator by sending them to

Language Access Plan Opens in new window

Click here for the Language Access Plan

 Complaint Opens in new window

Click here for the Complaint Form

You may access the self-service center here