Voters with Disabilities

Voters_D-removebg-preview (1)

Please contact the Arizona Relay Services (TDD) Phone Line 7-1-1 or 1-800-842-4681 

and ask the operator to connect you to (520) 375-7808

Voter requiring assistance or with disabilities may:

​​1. Request an early ballot be mailed to them. (Request early ballot here)

​2. Have their name places on a permanent early ballot list (PEVL). (Request to be a PEVL)

​3. Vote at one of these early voting sites. Early Voting Sites. (ExpressVote units are available at all early voting sites.)

​4. Vote at their precinct poll site. (ExpressVote units are available at all polling locations on Election Day)

​5. Request or bring assistance from a family member, friend, or 2 poll workers at your poll site.

​6. Curbside Voting for those that are unable to enter their polling location. (See Curbside Voting information below.)

​7. If in the hospital or bedridden, request emergency Voting through Voter Registration at (520) 375-7924.

​8. To request an accommodation in voting at the polling site, contact the Election Marshal at the site or contact the Elections Department at (520) 375-7808.

Curbside Voting for those unable to enter their polling location:

Inspector is in charge of this procedure & must be notified first.
Paper ballot for curbside Voter:
MARSHAL, using the precinct register book, shall:
• Verify Voter’s ID using same rules as with any non-curbside voter
• Verify registration status of Voter
• Notify Inspector
INSPECTOR will direct two poll workers of opposite political parties (Judges and/or Clerks) to go to curbside with appropriate ballot, secrecy sleeve & Signature Roster or Provisional Roster.
• Take appropriate ballot, secrecy sleeve & Signature Roster or Provisional Roster & form out 
  to Voter
• Permit Voter to privately vote ballot after having signed the correct Roster
• Provisional Ballot procedure must be followed for curbside Voter if Voter is a Provisional  
  Ballot situation
• Returned voted ballot (inside secrecy sleeve or Provisional envelop) will be placed in the 
  ballot box or in the Provisional Ballot bag
JUDGES shall notify the Poll List Clerk of the curbside Voter who will record the Voter’s information same as any other voting situation.

If you believe you have a special circumstance or need Curbside Voting, please call the Elections Department: (520) 375-7808

Help America Vote Act (HAVA):
​In 2002, Congress passed the Help America Vote Act (HAVA), intended to reform and improve the voting process. HAVA created minimum standards that states must address in key areas of the voting process, including voter registration and voter access. For additional information about HAVA, visit the U.S. Election Assistance Commission. You have the right to file a complaint under HAVA if you believe a violation has occurred. For a complaint form, click here

Americans with Disability Act (ADA):
​The Americans with Disability Act (ADA) prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities in employment, transportation, public accommodation, communications, and governmental activities. Its purpose is to make sure that people with disabilities have the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. The ADA gives civil rights protections to individuals with disabilities similar to those provided to individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age and religion. It guarantees equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities in public accommodations, employment, transportation, state and local government services, and telecommunications. For additional information about how to file an ADA complaint with the Department of Justice, click here.​

Arizona Civil Rights Act (ACRA):
​The Arizona Civil Rights Act (ACRA) is an Arizona law that prohibits discrimination in employment, voting, public accommodations, disability and housing on the basis of race, color, religion, se, age (40 years old or older), national origin or disability. For information about filing a charge of discrimination with the Arizona Attorney General Civil Rights Division, click here

711 For TRS Consumer Guide:
​The Federal Communications Commission adopted use of the 711 dialing code for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). TRS permits persons with a hearing or speech disability to use the telephone system via a text telephone (TTY) or other device to call persons with or without disabilities. For mote information about the various types of TRS, see the FCC's consumer guide at, or visit the website of the Disability Rights Office (DRO) at