Moving / Relocating Manufactured Home

Moving Permits
ARS 28-1104: A form 504 tax clearance permit is required by law when moving a mobile home. The assessor shall issue the clearance if it is determined that all fees and ad valorem taxes applicable to the manufactured / mobile home pursuant to title 42 have been paid as of the date of application.

The 504 tax clearance permit must be issued by the county that the manufactured / mobile home is currently located in.

Information Required for Permit
The required information needed to obtain this permit is:
  • Current physical location of the unit
  • Mailing address of current owner
  • Name of mover or moving company
  • New mailing address
  • New owner or Dealer's name (if sold or traded in)
  • New physical location
  • Titled Owner or Dealer's name
  • Year, make, size and vehicle identification number of manufactured home being moved
Re-Titling an Affixed Manufactured Home
Once an affixed manufactured home has been removed from the parcel that it was affixed to or has been sold separately from the land, you must re-title the manufactured home through motor vehicle. In order to re-title the owner must:
  • Complete an application for Arizona Certificate of Title and Registration.
  • Have the manufactured home inspected to verify the vehicle identification number.
    • To obtain a state inspection call 480-632-8747 Option #5, Option #0.
  • Provide a written statement that the manufactured home is no longer affixed to the real property.
  • Submit a copy of the Affidavit of Affixture.
  • Submit a lien clearance, if applicable.
  • Submit a notarized bill of sale if the owner indicated on the Affidavit of Affixture has transferred ownership.
  • Submit a tax clearance on the real property.
Relocation Fund
Any manufactured home that is located on rental Mobile Home Park must pay into the manufactured home relocation fund. This tax was established by the legislature (ARS 33-1476.03) as a revenue source for the fund. The tax amount is based on a primary tax rate of $0.50 per $100 of the limited assessed value of the manufactured home. This tax does not apply to the value of any of the improvements such as awnings, store rooms, room additions or cooling.

Fund Disbursement
Disbursement of this fund is handled by The Department of Building and Fire Safety / Manufactured Housing. You can contact them at 602-364-1003 or at the following address:
The Department of Building and Fire Safety
Manufactured Housing Department
1110 W Washington
Phoenix, AZ 85007