- Assure accessibility of services
- Control or prevent communicable disease outbreaks
- Increase local health emergency response capacity
- Increase the effectiveness of all programs through cooperative efforts with community members, and local, state, and federal organizations, and agencies
- Maintain highly qualified, efficient, and service oriented staff
- Prevent or correct dangerous environmental conditions
- Promote healthy life choices and life styles
- Promote the use of modern Environmental and Public Health strategies
- Use state of the art technology to improve efficiency, service, and data availability
Optimal Health, Wellness, and Safety for all Santa Cruz County residents.
Using the most effective and efficient means available, including education and prevention services, promote individual and group actions and choices that produce the highest possible level of Public and Environmental Health.